Internal Complaints Procedure
The Society is committed to providing you with a first class service but we recognise that there may be occasions when our service falls short of your expectations. If this happens please let us know and we will do everything we can to put things right.
If you have a complaint you can contact us in the following ways:-
- Telephone us on 01257 235000
- Call in to one of our branches and speak to a member of staff
- Put your complaint in writing and send it to Complaints, Chorley and District Building Society, Key House, Foxhole Road, Chorley PR7 1NZ
- Email email@example.com
Our complaints procedure has been designed to meet the requirements of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).
It is our policy to deal with your complaint immediately and communicate with you by close of business on the third working day following receipt of your complaint.
The Next Step
If we cannot resolve your complaint within this time we will send you a written acknowledgement within five working days of having received it. Your complaint will be fully investigated and we will tell you the name of the person doing this. We will aim to provide you with a response to the issues in the following timescales.
- For matters relating to our Chorley Online service and electronic payments to and from your savings accounts – we will aim to provide a response 15 business days after the date we received your complaint. If this is not possible we will keep you informed of the progress of your complaint. We will send you a full detailed final response 35 business days after the date we received your complaint.
- For all other matters - we will aim to provide a response within 4 weeks. If this is not possible we will keep you informed of the progress of your complaint. We will send you a full detailed final response within eight weeks of the date of receipt of your complaint. In the unlikely event that this deadline cannot be met, we will write and let you know.
If you are not satisfied with this final response you have the option of contacting the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) at:
The Financial Ombudsman Service
Tel: 0800 023 4567
We will send you a leaflet detailing the FOS complaints procedure with our final response letter. You have up to six months from the date of that letter to refer your complaint to the FOS.